Most Cardio, LLC.
Most Cardio LLC, is developing its reposable design platform (reusable handle /station with disposable end effectors) and innovative combination of micro-robotics with nanotechnology to create cardiovascular instrumentation for emulsification and removal of plaque from blocked arteries in a safe and minimally invasive way.
Who We Are
Headquartered in Salem, Massachusetts, MOST CARDIO, LLC was founded in 2017 with a mission to design and deliver the best performing surgical devices in the cardiovascular space at the greatest possible value to clinicians and patients and with the highest safety profile available. Minimally invasive surgery techniques, which are characterized by less trauma and faster recovery times for patients, have become increasingly common for a wide variety of medical procedures including cardiovascular surgery. Our Atherectomy products for plaque emulsification and removal from arteries stand to replace traditional heart bypass procedures, coronary cauterizations (stents) and angioplasty procedures.
Product portfolio will include:
- Robotic Control Station, allowing doctors to control safely the distal end of the following disposable end-effectors:
- Catheters enabling plaque removal without creating differential negative pressure that may lead to collapse of arteries.
- Micro-emulsifiers capable of plaque emulsification into small particles without perforating the walls of the arteries, to achieve highest safety.
- Extractor wires capable of plaque removal through special proprietary catheters.
- MIS (Minimally Invasive Surgery) proprietary ports to enable MIS access through femoral and other arteries and minimize blood loss and potential infection during surgery.
- Most cardio technology is working to disrupt the stent industry and to eliminate expensive, invasive and less safe heart bypass surgeries.
The Company’s flagship products are intended to allow surgeons to perform plaque removal with increased safety at a significantly lower cost to hospitals and surgery centers and to enable shorter recovery times for patients. The design of the procedure and instrumentation kit is underway and guided by world class team of vascular surgeons and interventional cardiologists.
Cardiovascular instrumentation for MIS represents a large and growing market with a variety of interrelated sub-segments. In the U.S., cardiovascular devices are used in over two million procedures per year. In addition, by incorporating the same proprietary reposable design concept, MOST CARDIO, LLC will expand its product breadth to include cardio and vascular access ports.
In the recent past, the MOST CARDIO, LLC team has developed and sold medical products such as patented reposable instrument platforms for minimally invasive surgeries, engineering products like patented linear actuators (currently in use by the Department of Defense) and a line of Consumer Independence Assurance Products that were patented, commercialized and launched in 2016. This team has established an exceptional opportunity for the company to create strong pull through for its medical instrumentation product entries.